1. Instruction: Patience is enjoyed upon the Believers.
And endure patiently, your patience is not but from Allah. (16:127)
So wait patiently for the Decision of your Lord, for verily, you are under Our Eyes. (52:48)
2. That which is opposite to patience is forbidden
So wait with patience for the Decision of your Lord, and be not like the Companion of the Fish – when he cried out (to Us) while he was in deep sorrow. (68:48)
3. Patience is made a condition of success and prosperity
O you who believe! Endure and be more patient, and guard your territory by stationing army units permanently at the places from where the enemy can attack you, and fear Allah, so that you may be successful. (3:200)
4. The reward of those who exercise patience is doubled
These will be given their reward twice over, because they are patient, and repel evil with good, and spend out of what We have provided them. (28:54)
Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning. (39:10)
Sulayman ibn Qasim said, “the reward of every deed is known, except for the reward of patience which will be like heavy rain.”
5. Patience and emaan are pre-requisites for leadership in religion
And We made from among them (Children of Israel), leaders, giving guidance under Our Command, when they were patient and used to believe with certainty in Our Ayat. (32:24)
6. Patience is the way to earn the Companionship of Allah
And be patient. Surely, Allah is with those who are patient.