Winners of the IPCBlogger Ramadan Quiz Competition are:
1) Mohammad Siraj
2) Ashiq Thalal
3) Wasim Anas
4) Mohammad Akram Rafeek
5) Mohammad Iqbal
1) Thasneem Firthous Fathima
2) Hafeeza Shiham
3) Samira Nadeem
4) Hafsa Ameer
Congratulations to all the winners 😀
The Winners will be contacted by telephone and email before Friday (September 9, 2011).
Winners must present their original Civil ID card to receive the prize which will be cross-checked with the Civil ID number provided with the entry.
As-salaam-u-alaikum to all
This Ramadan, I will be conducting a very simple Ramadan Quiz Competition on my blog and 10 winners (5 men and 5 women) will receive a prize (yaaaayyyy). All you have to do is choose the correct answer and email it to me (of course, terms and conditions do apply – scroll below). Anyways, the Ramadan Quiz Questions will be posted …… on the First day of Ramadan and will stay posted throughout Ramadan – sorry, it’s a RAMADAN quiz… it’s supposed to start in Ramadan and end in Ramadan :p – at least that’s what I think
Without further ado, I present to you the Ramadan Quiz Rules
1. The contest is open to all legal residents of Kuwait, who hold a valid Civil ID.
2. IPCblogger.net reserves the right to cancel this online contest at any time in the event of unanticipated problems, irregularities or fraud including suspected tampering or other interference with the proper working order of the contest or technical corruptions including a virus or other technical problems. If IPCblogger.net decides to cancel this online contest it will publish a notice at the IPCblogger.net web site. If IPCblogger.net suspects that fraud has occurred, it reserves the right to treat any affected entries as invalid.
3. All decisions regarding this online contest and the selection of the winner are final and remain with IPCblogger.net.
4. The contest is not open to employees/staff and volunteers of IPC.
1. All entries must contain Full Name of Participant, Contact Number, Nationality, Civil ID number and Gender. Any entry missing any of the aforementioned details will be considered invalid.
2. All entries must contain answers to all the quiz questions. Any entry missing even one answer will be considered invalid.
3. All entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any answer posted in the comment sections will not be accepted.
Please note: all entries will receive a confirmation email within 3 days of attempting the quiz. If however you did not receive any confirmation email, please report to email@example.com
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
1. The winners (Five men and five women) of this quiz contest will be randomly selected and announced on this website within the first week of Shawaal.
2. The winners will be contacted via email address and/or phone number used in their submission. If the eligible winner does not respond to the email or phone call within 7 days, he/she will be deemed to be no longer eligible to win the prize, and another entrant will be randomly selected from qualifying entries and the process of contacting a new selected entrant will be repeated.
3. After having been selected as the winner, the winner must collect their prize within two weeks of announcement. If the winner fails to collect their prize, another entrant will be randomly selected from the qualifying entries and the process of contacting a new selected entrant will be repeated.
4. Winners must present their original Civil ID card to receive the prize which will be cross-checked with the Civil ID number provided with the entry.
Any question concerning the quiz competition can be asked via firstname.lastname@example.org or posted in the comment section below.
One of my best friends mailed this to me … it’s supposed to be in the Posted Mails category, but I prefer to keep it under Xtra !!! .
Anyways, read and realize (and smile too!) and of course, share it with friends.
When without money, eats wild vegetables at home
When has money, eats same wild vegetables in fine restaurant.
When without money, rides bicycle;
When has money, rides exercise machine.
When without money, walks to earn food
When has money, walks to lose the fat
Man, O Man! Never fails to deceive thyself!
When without money, wishes to get married;
When has money, wishes to get divorced.
When without money, wife becomes secretary;
When has money, secretary becomes wife.
When without money, acts like rich man;
When has money, acts like poor man.
Man, O Man! Never can tell the simple truth!
Says stock market is bad but keeps speculating;
Says money is evil but keeps accumulating.
Says high positions are lonely but keeps wanting them.
Says gambling & drinking is bad but keeps indulging;
Man, O Man ! Never means what he says and never says what he means!
What say you: do you have anything to add to this list ???
(This poem is written in reference to a famous story which explicitly explains the love of a mother for her child)
The bell rang; my mom opened the door,
My friends screamed and fell to the floor.
“It’s the one eyed monster with a knife,”
They cried “It’s going to kill you, run for your life.”
I was ashamed to have a mother with only one eye,
Who scared everyone as she passed by.
My mother brought me up since my dad passed away,
Crying and isolating herself all night and day.
I grew up somehow, playing as an orphan,
I married and moved away not informing of the relation.
After 10 happy years, I received a letter,
From the one I left behind, thinking all bitter.
The letter read as follows, and mind you
It changed my life for all I knew :
“My dear child I’m returning to God,
But there is one thing which is a bit odd,
This one thing needs to be cleared
And listen carefully, it might sound weird.
When you were a small child, you lost one eye,
I gave you mine, and its obvious why.
All these years I didn’t tell you
But I always wished that you knew.
And now as I depart, I’d like to say
I’ll always love you, come what may.”